Gone with the wind
Hey there people!
I have a rather interesting story to share with you! I work as a pharmacist in the the middle east and I get to meet many different people of many different nationalities everyday! This is certainly a great learning experience and all but there's just one problem! LANGUAGE! Many tourists visit the area I work in and unfortunately not many of them can speak in english, hindi or arabic which are the only 3 languages I can manage to understand. The following is an account of one such incident.
I was standing behind the counter the other day and a russian man came up to me and asked me if I could speak russian. I shook my head and told him that I could'nt. He looked around for some help but there was no one else around. He then looked at me, rather distraught, for a moment and then smiled as though something had just occured to him! He took a few steps back and made sure that I was watching him! He then proceeded to spread his legs a little, bend down a bit, put one of his hands behind his rear end and the other hand to his mouth. I watched him absolutely puzzled and then he made a strange rather rude sound from his mouth using his hand. I must admit my mouth fell open and my eyes were ready to start out of my head. It took a while for what had just happened to sink in, after which I had a bit of a laughing fit. I'm sure that must have further embarassed him but I honestly could'nt help myself. I then proceeded to ask him if he had gas (which was rather obvious!!!) and he nodded at me not understanding a word of what I was saying! I'm sure he would have nodded his head in agreement had I asked him if he were a chicken!
So I then proceeded to give him some over the counter gas relieving medicine. He took it and thanked me happily and left me with a large smile on my face and an experience I know I'll never forget.
I guess you could say that he just blew me away!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home