crazy tales

Friday, May 26, 2006

Almost unconcious!!

The last two days have been all about really, really hard work! We've been doing everything from construction work to sorting out thousands of products and displaying them. My feet feel like I've walked on burning charcoal for a few minutes. The muscles in my legs really hurt but I'm doing a million times better than most of the others. One of my friends told me that every muscle in her body hurts and she has been walking stiffly enough to convince me of that. The good news, however, is that we are way ahead of schedule and so we have been given the day off tomorrow.
Now don't get me wrong. It's really hard work but it's amazing fun as well. When I was stocking the shelves today I realised that I was a few shelves short and so I asked Maya to help me get a few more from the store room and fix them up. We went in and there was this huge cardboard box folded and balanced against the rack. I was rattling the shelf brackets to get them loose and I must have accidentally hit the box because it started to fall on me. I noticed it but didn't really bother because Geez! It's just cardboard! How much damage could it do? But Maya SCREAMED!!! I turned around wondering what had happened to her and shoved the box back into place while doing so. Apparently she thought it was a wooden plank and yes!!! I'm sure that if it were, it would have done quite a bit of damage. After we finished all our work for the day, people were still pottering about. So I snuk into the store room for a while to take a seat only to find Maya and Maricel already there munching on digestive biscuits! Wow! I have no idea how many I had! All I know is that it was kept next to me and it was all gone by the time I got up.
The bus ride home was crazy too. We had a lot of fun. I managed to get Mahmood to ahow us all a picture of his wife who I think is gorgeous. He didn't really want to show us the picture but I ate his brains until he did. When I was done showing it to everyone he said, "No wait! You forgot to show it to the driver!". Hehehe! Then halfway through the trip I noticed that Oksana had fallen asleep. So I snuk up and poked the back of her head and jumped back into my seat and pulled an angel face. She turned back and yelled, "Who was that?" No one said a word. She went back to sleep! Process repeated and she was almost in a murderous rage! She then pushed the side seat open and lay down completely, Afrah snuk up, got really close to her ear and yelled, "Oksana!!!". Hahahaahaha! Oksana jumped out of her skin screaming, " Blah! I will kill you all!!!" All of us at the back laughed till we had tears running down our eyes. Oksana spent the rest of the trip facing us to keep an eye on us. It must have been really uncomfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if she had actually been planning our murders!
I know we're very childish but you wouldn't believe how much fun that is. It puts us at total ease with each other. Now I know why I was always so happy as a child.
Bluechild's advice for the day: Be careful when pulling out brackets from shelf cradles or you will end up with triple cuts like I did! Also beware when you try to mess with strong russian women like Oksana!

1 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

Beware of those Russian women babe!
;]
Work sounds like such a blast, U'r having 2 much fun blue!
:o

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home