Computers and birthdays
Yesterday was quite a day. The night before last I got a call from one of my colleagues telling me that we had to get a list of all the dictors and clinics in the UAE. So I woke up nice and early only to spend the next 12 hrs straight in front of my computer trying to get atleast a semi-decent list. After having made a few phone calls and having searched through the yellow pages, I had with me a good list of all the clinics in Sharjah but none of the doctors names. I continues to search, feeling like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. Then finally at 10p.m I gave up and decided that I would just try my luck on the internet one last time but instead of looking for a list, I would look for individual clinic websites. So I typed in the name of the first clinic- Nothing!, Second clinic- Nothing! Third clinic- Voila. A name appears but it's in an excel format. I opened it more out of curiousity than with any hope and there it was. A complete list of about 700 doctors in the UAE with clinic names, specialties and contact information. I was jumping for joy. Then I got a call from my colleague who was getting the list for Dubai. I showed her what I found and that's when she told me that she had not only spent all day on her list like me but she had also been at it the whole of the previous night. She had done the entire thing manually, so had I but mine sucked!!! It was just my luck that I found a readymade one when I did! Jeez! I don't know! I feel like I cheated! What do you guys think? This morning I got an email from one of the trainers saying that I had done a fantastic job and that I should take the day off today to relax. I did the relaxing alright but I can't help wondering if it was the right thing to do. Me and my crazy conscience! Keeps picking on me for senseless things!
Other than that, My dad's birthday is coming up soon and I went to buy him a gift today. I had been planning on buying him an mp3 player and he knew about it. So as I was going out today he stopped me and said, "I saw this cheap dvd player/ mp3 player. I want you to get me that and nothing else". So I did! What he doesn't know is that I also got him a not so cheap personal mp3 player that he can slip into his pocket. I've already given him the dvd player so he doesn't get suspicious. Come 30th of May he's in for another surprise.
Bluechild's advice for the day: Always buy gifts in doubles, one to throw the person off your trail and the other to sweep them off their feet!!!

2 Comments:
I don't think you cheated. You did your research and found something after a full day of work. Lucky you!
Tell Dad I said Happy Birthday!
Luv the way U do U'r gifts!
...and I don't think U cheated either-- just probably wish U would have found is sooner, huh?
;]
Post a Comment
<< Home