The beach and ice-cream...
Hey there people! Well! I was supposed to go for a barbecue today but this morning when I was still very much asleep I got a call from Maya saying the plan had been cancelled. She asked me if I wanted to do anything else because she did'nt want to spend the whole day at home. I don't really know what I said but I ended up driving through peak weekend rush hour traffic to pick her up. Once I got there I realised that Natalie was home too and so was Sylvana. Sylvana wanted to go to church later and so she did'nt want to go out with us but she made me promise to make sure that I would come back soon to take her out for a tour of the city too. We left the accomodations at about 6p.m and knowing that most of the places would be really crowded I decided to take them to the mamzar beach. Other than it being one of the only places in Dubai where you can escape the heat (because of the sea breeze), it's also easy to get to. Not too much traffic and I would shoot myself if I had to sit through traffic on the weekend. So we walked down the beach for a while and both of them told me a lot about Lebanon which is where they're from. They were obviously home sick and I have to admit, everything they said about the place sounded wonderful. They have even convinced me to visit the place soon. Apparently you can go sit on the beach for a while and then a 15 minute drive later you can go skiing in the mountains. I don't know about anyone else but I'm convinced!!! I then took them to century mall for ice-cream where I learned that Maya has a degree in hotel management and that she can cook really well. Ahem!!! Magic words! I love food and I am lucky enough to have been invited for lunch. Unfortunately I had to bail because I won't have the car tomorrow. Crap! But I am taking a rain cheque!!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: Smile! Food is never far away!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home