Squash coursts!! And a sad ending!
This is a picture I had taken a few months ago from my window. When winter and fog were still around!Today we had our welcoming meeting. This is where we were introduced to some of the policies of the company that Boots has franchised with here. So while we work for Boots, it's this company that actually employs us all here. This particular company is humungous and is responsible for having brought in some of the biggest brands in the U.K as well as elsewhere in the world. Unfortunately though they have grown so quickly that it's taken them by surprise. Because of this the training room was taken over by the P.R.Os and we got to have our little discussion in a squash court. It went well I think!
The major thing that we addressed was the problem that most retailers in this country have. Shoplifting! It really is a shame but it happens too often for comfort. The good thing is that Boots has gone and found a new and pretty amazing bit of software which will help tag the products and make it easier for us to catch the lousy buggers! What surprised me though was the fact that they had to address internal shoplifting as well. I was a little confused about what that meant and horrified when I was told. Apparently one of the biggest problems that companies face is their own staff lifting stuff. It seems that the company had fired 58 employees the month before for this!!!! That is too high a number for me to comfortable with. I know all of my coworkers and I personally think that it is impossible to even imagine them doing something like this but I guess the meeting taught me to be observant all the time. They can't lift if they know I'm watching. So I'm going to have to watch a lot. So is everyone else really! We were taught about a lot of different techniques that shoplifters use including stuff that prevents the beepers going off! Jaw dropping stuff; these people are geniuses! Hopefully a little bit of vigilance and that cool new software will go a long way!
Now to the sad ending. Before we started the session we were told that we would finish by about half past 1. When we did get done I looked at my watch and saw the minute hand at the half past mark. I don't know how I managed to do it but I just did'nt bother to check the hour hand. I Figured that since it was half past 1, lunch would be over and so I might as well just go home directly and have lunch there. I caught the bus, sat through traffic for an hour and a half and then finally got home. I plunked ,yself onto the couch and then looked at the time to realise that it was 2 p.m!! "What the hell? Has my watch stopped?". I pulled out my phone and checked the time on it- 2p.m! I MISSED LUNCH BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER WHEN IT WAS INFACT JUST BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: If you want to glance at your watch make sure you look at both the important hands. Don't assume! Never assume!! If you asume, you miss out on lunch!!!

1 Comments:
So longggggggggggggg!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home