Loads of running! I'm not fit!!!
I used to be a runner. I used to run tracks and I used to play basketball. Ever since I started working (which has been almost 3 years now) I haven't managed to do any running at all. Yesterday was the day when I realised how useless I've become at it!! I was late and traffic was miserable, I was pretty sure that I was going to miss the bus to the mall when my store manager called me and told me to try and make it because he had asked the driver to wait for a while. I was about 500 metres away and if I had to stay in the car it would have taken me atleast another 15 minutes. So I got out and ran!!! I ran about 400 metres and then started huffing and puffing like my lungs would explode and by the time I got to the bus I was gasping for breath and just maintaining a steady trot!
Since yesterday however, I have been trying to run a little extra to try and get myself back into shape. So a day and a half later I'm sure I would'nt be able to run any further than what I did yesterday but I have to admit! Every muscle in my legs are aching beyond belief! It could also be because I was balancing myself on one leg a lot today (Don't ask me why! I think I was in flamingo mode today!).
Other than this, the store is shaping up really well. As the opening date nears I can't help getting more and more excited but it also depresses me to think that I will not be working in this store and that all of my closest friends will be! Yep! Me is gonna be all alone in the Mall of the Emirates! Oh well! I guess I just have to make sure I enjoy whatever little time I have with them, although it would be a lot easier if my legs weren't killing me so much. As you can see, they seem to be using up most of my thought processing capabilities.
Bluechild's advice for the day: Run a little today, But if you manage more than 500 metres without breaking sweat- DO NOT TELL ME!!!!!

5 Comments:
Hey blue,better watch all that running.Ever heard of jim fixx?
He wrote a book about running
and ended dropping dead.Sometimes
your heart can't take it.I remember
as a child running and i would get these chest pains,i knew i could never run track.
Hi Michele! Don't worry! I know when to stop, I'm definately not the kind of person who pushes it too far.
And moment! don't u worry either. I would never beat myself up, I've got plenty of people to do that for me!!
Hi Blue~
RUN??? What R U Crazy???
If I had 2 run 4 my life from a bear---I would be lunch my friend!
*blush* honestly, I have been smoking 4 over 20 yrs! But----
Good news! I haven't had a cigarette for SEVEN days! I decided 2 give the Patch a try. It works very Very well. I don't have that edgy feeling, except I really miss having a cig in my hand. Wish me luck!
:)
Hey Blue--I'm on with U---
;] it's 9:30!
RUN! and run some more! You are too young to be out of shape! Don't give up because it is hard and don't feel bad, just do it!
Post a Comment
<< Home