crazy tales

Friday, March 03, 2006

All play and no work!!!

Who'd have thought? That I,Me! A professional goof-er off-er would actually get so bothered about people not getting their work done in time. Like I had mentioned in one of my blogs last week, this friday was supposed to be our annual stock taking. Having been through 2 of them prior to this, I more or less had an idea of what I should expect. Unfortunately however, this year, all bets were off. Everybody was in an 'Oh! Lets all pretend to work for hours and hours today', all the while doing little or nothing at all. That could mean only one thing-that I would definately be spending my entire weekend cooped up in the pharmacy that I can't wait to get out of everyday anyway. Ain't life a blast?!!!
I walked into the pharmacy at 8 in the morning, absolutely determined to get out of there as early as I possibly could. I walked out 12 hours later with a spirit fractured in several places. I had tried my best to get people to hurry up and stop dilly-dallying but that's all they seemed to know how to do. I would be lying if I were to say that today was aggravating. It was far more than that. It was down right arrrrrghhh *&^%$()$#@!!@?. To think of having to get up tomorrow morning and go back to that hell-hole is really killing me. I just don't understand how people who are supposed to be professionals can act in such an off-handed 'I can't be bothered about squat' way. All in all there were a total of 14 people taking the stock count today. By my calculations I finished 39% of the check on my own. So you can imagine what it was like. I have to admit now, I hope this is my last stock taking here. I don't know when but sooner or later I'm getting my ass out of here. So if the 3 fates are listening to any of this- could you please make it sooner rather than later??! I'll buy you a new pair of scissors if you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home