crazy tales

Thursday, February 23, 2006

.....and the knights came riding in

I left the house a little later than usual today. It being the weekend here means no extra traffic and I knew I'd be able to breeze through without any problems. I had glanced out the window before leaving and noticed that it was rather cloudy. Not 'tell tale signs of rain' cloudy but cloudy none the less. So I got downstairs and started up my car, waited a while for it to warm up a bit and then worked my way out of the parking lot which might as well be named 'the parking lot from hell' lot. I had just barely turned round the corner when I noticed that it seemed to be considerably darker in the west than what it should have been at that time of the day. I could'nt see very far though, thanks to the concrete jungle that is Abu Shagara. It was only after I had hit the highway that I got to know why it seemed darker in the west. A huge black cloud was rolling in like an army of mighty black knights on their powerful, sturdy steeds. Every now and then I'd see the glint of their mighty swords, jagged edges and curving blades streak across the sky, from the mighty heavens all the way down to the humble earth. Closer and closer they rode; I could hear them shouting to make their steeds race faster and then finally they were upon us. The rain drops fell like the steed's steady hooves, a continuous gallop on the roof of my car.
Turns out the heavens decided to look down favourably at us once more, once more bless us with a divine presence, once more bless us with the very water that flows in the rivers of heaven. Yes! Once more the knights came riding in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home