crazy tales

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm only happy when it rains...

Ah! What an absolutely phenomenal day!!! Why? Because it rained this morning. What's so great about that? Well! It almost never rains here. Ever!!!
I live in a desert country. Sure they've managed to grow great gardens and build the greenest golf courses imaginable but the fact of the matter is- IT IS STILL A DESERT!!!! Blue skies and blazing sun everyday of the year. So it's rather obvious that the rain would be nothing less than a treat or a luxury on the odd occasions that it decides to pay us all a visit.
So I woke up this morning to the sound of pitter patter rain drops falling on my air conditioner. Initially I thought it was just some wet laundry that some one had decided to hang out of their balcony at that ungodly hour. So I dragged my butt out of bed just as I would any other day and went to wish my father good morning. He was already standing at the window with a cup of steaming hot tea and a broad grin on his face. "It's raining!". WHOOPEEEE!!! I ran to the window to look out and sure enough there was a very mild drizzle on. I freshened up and got out of the house to feel the cold drops of heaven kiss my head as I walked to my car. And then I began an awesome journey. Now traffic is a massive force to reckon with. I usually leave home at 7 to get to work by 8:30 (my house is only about fifteen kilometres from the pharmacy). Today was no different as far as the time I left home was concerned. What time did I get to work though? Hmmm! Lets see! There was of course the traffic to deal with, (Something that was extra slow today) add to it the wet roads and nervous 'I've never driven in the rain before' drivers and voila!!! Standstill traffic magic. So what was the question again? Ah yes! What time did I get to work? A whopping 3 hours late!!!! 11:30 to be exact. I walked in with a sheepish grin and a few apologies but I can tell you this now!! I had the time of my life. I wish everyday could be just like this.
So what can you say about a country that comes to a grinding halt because of a slight drizzle? (And mind you! It was only a slight drizzle and lasted only about 5 hours.) Well that's something for you to decide. I, on the other hand, am still on cloud number 9 and don't intend to come down anytime soon. There isn't a cloud in the sky right now but the memory of this morning still lingers. (Especially on the undersides of my sneakers and the mud guards of my car and lets not even talk about the state of the car's carpets! But Icouldn't care less). I guess I'm only happy when it rains!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Riyaa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

Only few feel the rain,the others jus get wet..this post reminds me of it.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home