New found respect.
I've finished this week's training at Debenhams now and I really do have new found respect for the Debenhams staff. They've had a sale on and because of that they have been pulling off 12 hour shifts. That means they are on their feet and at it for no less than 11 hours a day (1 hour off for a break in between). What's more is that on thursday night I got to know that a lot of the staff would have to work even longer hours because they had stock taking. So most of these people would be working a 12 hour shift, taking a 2 hour break and then coming back to stay up all night for the stock taking. They would of course be paid overtime and all ut still; I really do admire them. What's more is I think I admire Debenhams itself a lot more. There must be something about the work environment that makes these people put their hands up and say, "Yeah! I'll do the overtime!".
The only thing that really put me off about the place was the fact that they don't have disposable cups!!! The entire staff drinks water out of a single cup. Let's just say that I had a very bad fight with dehydration!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: Use disposable cups!! They don't cost too much and you live to see another day!!! No catching infectious diseases!!!

1 Comments:
What? No Disposable Cups!
That's It!
I would have 2 quit!
;]
Post a Comment
<< Home