crazy tales

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not what we had imagined!

Yesterday! What can I say about yesterday? It was my first day of training at Debenhams and as usual we were all there early to sort ourselves out before 11. I was the first to arrive and probably also the first to arrive at the realisation that we were'nt really wanted there. We had already been provided with timetables that gave all of us equal times in all departments so that we could get an understanding of how everything works. Unfortunately for us however, the moment our manager left the store all hell broke loose. We were all called away from our designated posts and redivided amongst the various sections. Mahmood got shoved off to menswear, Noura was in cosmetics, Suzan was in ladiesware, Afrah was in perfumes (and she is allergic to perfumes!!!) and I got stuck in the kidswear section. We had been looking forward to spending time throughout the store to see how they function but instead we ended up getting stuck in our divisions right through. We asked the management if we could shift between ourselves every few hours and they said NO!! After my first 4 hours in kiddie hell (not allowed to sit down for even a minute), my back and left foot began to cramp up pretty bad so I took my one and only break and went to go get lunch. They had also made sure that we could'nt take our breaks together! So I sat alone for a good one hour and by the time it was 4 I did'nt want to go back again. But I did! I then spent another 4 hours with howling kids pulling stuff off the racks and just being plain and simple obnoxious! At 8 when my 'Sentry' duty had finally finished I went and found Noura and Suzan. Noura decided that she was'nt going to come today. I can understand what she means. It's really no place for a pharmacist because it is soooo far removed from our area of expertise. The rest of us will be going in again today and I'm hoping that someone from OUR management shows up so that I can have a word with them. I could call them but that would come across more as grumbling than making a vaild point.
My feet feel like I've pumped lead into them. Today I'll be working from 3-11p.m. I hope and pray that I don't need to get myself a bionic foot by the end of the day. Oh! And by the way! There were no cartoon characters and no face painting and ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE of celebration WHATSOEVER!!! Sob! Sob! I feel cheated!!! Now I'll never get my face painted!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: Someone should invent a kind of splint that would run all the way down your legs so that when you get tired of standing you could push a button to extend it a little and thereby hover over the floor to relieve your legs for a while!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home