Concerts or cds?? And a missing friend.
Now that the possibility of Robbie Williams coming here to perform at a concert has turned a little more real, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. So phenomenal is this news that the local RJ has forgotten all about the 'World's largest pancake' making attempt and talks about nothing else. I'm not too pleased about this but the truth of the matter is -I'm a little excited too. Okay!!! I'm ecstatic. Robbie Williams is definately my favourite music artist and it would truly be an out of this world experience to be able to meet him in person.
Which brings me to my dilemma. Concert tickets are really expensive. The only ones that I could think of buying would probably land me somewhere at the very back of the ground, where the only thing I'd be able to see would be the back of a few thousand people's heads. Combine that with the fact that all of these thousands of people are going to want to sing along and drown out the only voice I want to hear and I find myself losing interest in the idea of the concert altogether. Even if I were to somehow get front row tickets, what would be the point? It would take a hell of a lot to manage to sneak past security and get on stage to meet the guy. All I'd probably manage to do would be to go up to him and say, "hey!" before being tackled to the floor by a beefy security guard only to get hauled away either to be put under arrest or to get my ass thrown out of the concert completely. Nope!! Losing interest way too fast. When I sit down to think of it rationally I realize that I could probably buy a cd of every album he's ever cut for the exact same amount that I would spend on going for the concert. Only difference would be that I could hear the cds over and over and over again until my ears started to bleed and I'd go deaf. True! There would be no Robbie Williams in a 5 kilometer radius but there would also be no sweaty people dancing on my head, there would be no out of tune singing in my ears and there would be no traffic problems to face (which is sure to be miserable since thousands of wild and crazy people are going to be let loose from the ground at the very same time at the end of the concert). Hmmm! Sadly, it would appear that the cds have won over the amazing 'concert experience'. So while a whole load of people go for this concert, I'm going to sit at home and listen to all of my cds until someone can prove to me that I'm being an idiot and that I really should go.
Other than this I would like to ask you guys for some help. I've been trying to find a friend of mine and have been having absolutely no luck what so ever. So I was wondering if anybody out there knows of a Lisa Ruth Perry. She was here in dubai till somewhere around 1996 after which she moved to Canada. If anybody knows her could you please ask her to mail me at wenstumped@gmail.com ? I know it's a long shot but nothing else seems to be working. I honestly would appreciate any help I can get.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home