How do I do it?
Finally! I managed to get a photo onto my blog. It's actually all my fault that it took so long. Hehehe! I'm a bit of an ass really. I spent 2 days trying to get the picture on but could'nt figure out why it was'nt working. So I lost my head and went grumbling to my brother that our wireless router was a piece of junk and hehe! That's when he told me that it was'nt the router's fault. He had given me access to the download speed, NOT to the upload speed. He told me that I should have asked him for the upload thingy in the first place. After he gave me the upload speed voila!!! The photo was on the blog in seconds.So anyway, this is the view from my living room window. I live on the 11th floor so I guess I do get a pretty good view. I'm sorry about the picture quality but my camera has a night blindness problem. It can't take good pictures in dim or fading light. The waterbody at the back is the creek. I'll put up a good picture of it tomorrow.
Top story of today though: This old man walks into the pharmacy, comes up to me and says, "I bought a white coloured bottle about four days ago, I want one more". So I asked him what the name of the medicine was and he looks at me incredulously and says, "How should I know?! You gave it to me. I gave you the prescription the other day and you gave me the white coloured bottle". I asked him if I had returned the prescription to him after I had filled it out and he said that I had but that he had lost it. So I asked him if he remembered how much he had paid for it; he had no idea. Then I asked him what he needed to use it for; he had no idea. He said it was for someone else and that he just had to pick it up. Now people! I work in a very busy pharmacy and meet atleast a hundered different people everyday. Trust me! I would'nt remember any of the stuff that I had given anybody a whole four days ago, I can barely even remember what I had for lunch today!! But this particular man was adamant to be a pain in the neck. He ate my brains for a atleast half an hour, criticising me constantly because I did'nt remember what he had bought. I can tell you this- If my mother had'nt taught me to respect my elders I'd have grabbed hold of him and pummeled him into the ground. After about half an hour I managed to pick up the right white coloured bottle to show him and he said, " Ah! That's it. Why could'nt you show me that one first? Now listen! Remember this bottle because I'll be back in another four days for one more". Oh no you don't! Inspite of the fact that I would probably remember it even if my entire brain were surgically removed, I am not going to give you the opportunity of driving me mad again. So I wrote down the name of the medicine on a piece of paper and told him that if he wanted another bottle he would have to bring the paper with him or I would'nt give it to him even if I remembered what it was. Man! What a pain! I know most people go a little crazy after they hit their 70's but this is ridiculous!! I don't know how I managed to put up with him. Honestly! I have the patience of a saint and nerves of titanium reinforced STEEL.

1 Comments:
Ahhh....,
U'r view is
SPECTACULAR!
...and I've learned
over the yrs. that
when one deals with an
irate customer:
1. Step back
2. Take a deep breath
3. Punch them square in the mouth
4. RUN ! ! !
;]
Post a Comment
<< Home