Shop till a pill you pop.
There are pills for almost anything these days. You catch a cold- you get pills, you end up with diabetes or a heart condition- you get pills, you want to lose weight fast- you get pills. But this is the first time that I've heard of something as crazy as pills to stop your shopping addiction. I know that there are a lot of compulsive shoppers out there who just can not walk out of a shop without buying something or the other, but come on!!! A pill to try and cure it. There have got to be more serious diseases than that to waste money and brains on. Apparently this problem has now been classed together with gambling and other compulsive habits that people can't shake off.
So if you're a chronic shopper and you need to kick the habit, then all you have to do is look for a drug called 'Nalmefene'. I believe it's still in the 'clinical trials' stage of things but that should'nt last too long. The reason they've come out with the drug is because there are people who are so badly addicted to shopping that they're getting themselves financially ruined and buggering up all aspects of their lives, be it their relationships, work or any and everything else. Women have to be extra careful though. It seems that somebody who obviously had way too much time on his hands found out that women tend to shop a lot more just prior to their monthly periods. It's supposedly a whole 'low self esteem' thing brought on by the fluctuating hormone levels and stuff.
So now I'm thinking (yes! I actually am capable of such mental feats every once in a while!!), if they have medicines that can help you quit smoking, drinking, shopping, gambling and all of the other great things that we humans choose to indulge in, do you suppose they'd ever come up with a 'Get rid of your stupidity once and for all' pill??!! Trust me! I know quite a few people who could use it. And as a pharmacist I can guarantee that it would sell like hot cakes. Even if people don't buy it for themselves, they're sure to buy it for everyone around them at some point in time or the other- which would unfortunately turn them into shop-aholics and hence improve the sales for 'Nalmefene' as well. So the next time you feel blue and want to raise your self esteem a bit by blowing all your hard earned money on useless junk, remember!!! Modern medicine has the cure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home