crazy tales

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Total eclipse of the brain.

Have you ever had a really bad fever? You know, the kind that literally fries your brain and makes all logical thought impossible? Well, I have to admit, I have'nt. I've had fevers, several of them, but never have they managed to turn my brain inside out. Yesterday however, I had a run in with a brain that had been transformed! My brother had a side of a fever to accompany the main dish of a raw throat with phlegm gravy! (Disgusting ain't I??!!). Anyway, I was sitting with him yesterday and was trying to get him to eat something before taking his medicines when he turned to me with a very annoyed look on his face and said, " This is why you lost the U.S.A campaign". Blink. Blink. Blink-Blink! "Okay! Sure dude! Whatever you say man! I guess that's the reason then. I'll try a little harder next time".
Next encounter with the fevered brain was at about two in the morning. I was rudely pulled out of my peaceful slumber by my brother for him to say to me, " I opened a lot of bottles of alcohol and I'm not sure which one is right, you'll have to check it out for me". Blink. Blink. Blink-Blink! "Sure dude! Don't worry about it. I'll check it out first thing tomorrow morning".
So this morning when I woke up I decided that I was going to take the day off, just incase my brother wanted to make an international call to somebody in alaska to ask them about the weather or call someone in Italy to tell them they should do something to straighten the tower of Pisa. Luckily however, my brother was doing much better and the fever had pretty much left him altogether. So I obviously had to tell him about his ramblings and ask him which corner of his mind they had popped out from. After he had had a hearty laugh and gone all pink and purple in the face he told me that they were all things from 'Commanders and Generals' which is the PC game he's playing right now! Ah! See? I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation. Blink. Blink. Blink-Blink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home