Now that's a match
Congratulations to the South African cricket team for having pulled off the greatest one day international victory in the history of cricket. No one in their right mind could possibly have imagined that they would be able to chase a record first innings total of 434 runs and actually win. Being a die hard Australian cricket team fan, I was overjoyed to hear the first innings score. "Coooiiee!!! 434 runs! That's amazing! There's no way in hell that South Africa can even dream of beating them now. I mean- Geez! It's the highest ever one day international score". Yep! Those were more or less my exact words. Unfortunately however, a few hours later, I was jumping up and down and going slightly scarlet in the face with excitement as the match progressed to one of the most magical moments in cricket history. Ever!!! With one ball remaining in the last over and with only one wicket in hand, Boucher smacked the ball straight into the history books. I was distraught, but not for long. I guess witnessing a match like that is something too awesome to be upset about. So kudos to the South African team once more on a more than brilliant performance. It is'nt easy beating the world champions on any given day but having beaten them when they were at the top of their game- WOW!!!
It's no wonder then that the only game I love more than cricket is football, which luckily for me, just so happens to be right around the corner. After 12 years of being an english football supporter, I'm hoping that atleast this time around they'll be able to put on a decent show and become the FIFA world cup champions. Know this Beckham! If you screw up yet another penalty only to look at the ground in disbelief (as though it had purposely shifted under him to ruin his run up!) I am going to find another team to support. And so will a couple of thousand other supporters I'm sure.
So here's to a super day for one day international cricket as well as to a hopeful english football victory in Germany later this year. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home