When the lights go out.
The picture alongside is of one of the entrances to the 'Qanat Al Qasba'. Don't ask me what that means because I'm really not sure. But from what little I know of the arabic language I can tell you that Qanat means canal and Qasba means either brocade, cut or cane. So I guess you can decide for yourself what the name is supposed to mean.So today.... I am ecstatic. We got a notice from DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) this morning stating that they had to do some maintainence stuff on their generators because of which there would be no electricity in the entire Deira area from 8 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. Now you see, no electricity means no computers so no operational bar code reading machines, no functional cash registers etc. So after a very long and heated debate with the management, we decided that it would be in the best interest of the pharmacy if we were to remain closed during the power outage. Luckily for me, I work from 8-5 and since it's pointless for me to go into work for just an hour and a half, I HAVE THE ENTIRE DAY OFF TOMORROW!!!!!!! WHHHHOOOOOOOOPPPPPIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Trust me! Stuff like this does'nt happen often. Sometimes even the weekends are hard to come by, but would you take a look at this. A holiday right out of nowhere, just dropped into my lap. Ain't life crazy!!!
Talking about life, I just remembered something. This is on a very serious note though. There was a report in yesterday's papers about another horrific road accident on the insanely high speed roads of Dubai. Apparently a man was pushing his car to the nearest petrol station (He was in the last or the slow lane) to get some gas, when a reckless driver who was obviously speeding smashed right into him. The man was crushed and died on the spot. I really don't understand it, people read about these horrible things everyday, they know what the worst that can happen is and yet they just can't seem to be bothered. They still just CAN NOT act responsibly. The man who died left behind his family which includes young children. I can't even imagine the torture those poor people are going through right now. I don't have anything left to say.

2 Comments:
I luv surprise holidays! Yeehaw!
So sad about the man that died though....
:"(
Sounds like a nice day off!
Post a Comment
<< Home