I shall be disappearing!!!
The picture here is of a few boats (D'uh!!) and in the background is the Souq. It's had quite a few names along the way and is one of the most prominent landmarks in Sharjah. Could well be one of the oldest structures here as well. It's been called 'The gold souq' which had to be changed when they built a new one. Then it was called the train souq because of it's appearance but that did'nt last too long for whatever reasons. It is now called 'The central souq'. Good enough I guess. The best part is, that they recently made the entire thing air conditioned which is very, very important here because when it gets hot- It gets really HOT!!!So heartfelt thanx to all of you who were kind enough to congratulate me on getting the job. Like I said yesterday, it really does mean a lot. Today I had to break the news to my current boss and after having a bit of a discussion, he realised that it really was a good offer and not something that he could compete with. What came next really shocked me though. He told me not to tell anybody else in the pharmacy that I had gotten the job. Apparently he does'nt want them to start thinking that they can do better elsewhere as well. So following his advice I will be disappearing from the pharmacy somewhere in the middle of this month. I believe I will be going home for an emergency of sorts. I asked him, "Sir, would'nt that mean that I would be absconding?" and he said to me, "No! You would be absconding if I did'nt know where you were but since I will...". Wow! That was just amazing. I don't know how long he's gonna be able to play this game though. Eventually they are going to find out that I am not on any sort of a vacation and that I've actually left for a better job and then they'll come to whatever conclusions they want either way! But... I will be cleared and that's all that matters to me right now. Hmmm! Am I being selfish? I don't know! I do know that I've already started tying up all the loose ends at work. So when I do leave, everything will be in tip-top shape to be taken over by whoever is crazy enough to take on all that I do.
I can't wait to start out at Boots now. I'm soooo excited. Yipppeee!!! Still hoping that everything goes well. But don't keep your fingers crossed for me! For some reason that brings me exceptionally bad luck!!! Same as when I wear red and black! Serious NO, NOs!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: If you want to know how far you can reach, just stretch!

1 Comments:
HaHa about the wet grass!! As for C.O.A...it's one of the very few things on your profile!
Post a Comment
<< Home