Go ahead! Let your jaw drop!!!
THIS, dear people, is the Planetarium. Sharjah's finest. I told you it had always intrigued me. In a country where everything is made to the best possible standards, this little place sticks out like a sore thumb. Infact, if it were'nt for all the signs, anyone on first instance would probably mistake it for a public toilet and I most certainly would'nt blame them. No surprise that it was locked I guess. I don't think anybody's been in there for the last 10 years atleast. Planetarium!!! Yeah right!!!So this visit was a bit of a downer but I can't say I'm too disappointed. I mean, look at it. I'd have to be out of my mind to expect something spectacular to be hiding in there waiting for me to discover. On the upside of it all though, I drove down to the souq and took out a couple of nice pictures there which should last me right through this week. So by the end of it you will have seen quite a bit of Sharjah and you can come up with your own opinions as to what kind of a place it really is. For me, it's home! Atleast temporarily!
The complete highlight of my day was of course my trip to mega mall for some ICECREAM!!! GOD bless Baskin Robbins!! I had a banana royale with 'Maui brownie madness' and 'Raspberry cheesecake swirl' and the usual toppings of nuts, whipped cream, hot fudge and that ever tempting glazed cherry!!! OOOOHHHHH! Heaven really is a place on earth!! After that it was time to head back home to publish my blog and wonder of wonders... I got parking right in front of my building. It really has been an awesome day!
Congratulations to the Indian cricket team for a superb victory over England, even after they had managed to dig themselves a rather deep hole halfway through the second innings. Who'd have thunk it??!!
Bluechild's advice for the day: If your eyes start to water, go stand over your plants!

3 Comments:
Maybe it is not a Planetarium at all. Maybe they clone people there and they don't want people to visit.
Awwww! It was locked? That sucks!
Sounds like U had a much better time at the ice-cream store. I luv Ice-cream..., it is my favorite food. It is the "food of the Gods!"
Now, I'm dying 4 some and it is 4:12 in the morning!!! Thanx!
:)
Maybe you're right Angela! Maybe I should go back down there next friday and yell and scream until someone lets me in. If they clone me then oh boy! Thats the end of the world right there. There's only so much of me that people could bear.
And sorry Star! How bout if I buy you a Brownie a'la mode with a scoop of Bavarian chocolate and another scoop of cookies and cream??! My fave flavours!!! Hehehe! I'm sooo evil!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home