Egg shell helmets??!
This is more or less the silhouette of an arabian dhow. If you look closely you will see that there's a small motor boat next to it. Don't be fooled by the appearance, these boats may look old and rickety but they're really very sturdy and most of them have very powerful off-board motors. A real beauty they are.Infact there's a rather large dhow anchored in the creek at 'The Buhairah Corniche' but that never goes anywhere. Why? Because it's a restaurant, I have'nt been in it yet, I guess I'm not really sure about whether I would be sea sick or not and I don't think I want to find out while I'm feeding my face.
In other news, a customer asked us to make him 10 first aid boxes today and gave us a list of all the things that he wanted included in it. So after about an hour and a half of getting everything together and arranging it ever so neatly in the boxes, Bucko comes back to make the collection. That's cool! He was supposed to do that, but then he got the brilliant idea of opening everything out to make sure that we had'nt missed anything. That's acceptable too, he was paying good money for it and should definately have checked it all out. What was not acceptable was the fact that he thought the arrangement could have been done better. Now we do this quite often and we know exactly what goes where and how to stuff the most number of things into the box without having it explode and without it looking like a junkyard reject. But oh no!!! Our dear boy thought that he could do a much better job. I've seen this happen before and from experience I've learnt that the best thing to do is stand back and let the fools fidget as much as they want. So after he removed everything from all 10 boxes, he began re-arranging everything in the first box. After a good 45 minutes of struggling to get everything in and trying in vain to get the lid to close, he looked at me with a very sheepish grin and said, "I think your arrangement was pretty good. Let's stick to that". Ever wanted to slap someone? If the answer is 'YES', then you know exactly how I felt at that moment. So I got to work on the boxes again and after about half an hour managed to get it all done again. So you can imagine that I pretty much wasted my entire morning. But since I was'nt handling any prescriptions I did miss out on being sneezed on; so I guess that's the bright side of this story.
I've decided to add a new daily segment to my blog called 'The blue child's useless advice'. Here is today's: If you want to protect your head, don't wear a helmet made out of egg shells.

1 Comments:
Beautiful photos...even with the nightblind camera...digital cameras (I'm assuming that's what you are using) tend to have problems with large contrast ranges (ie bright sky & dark buildings) they can't differentiate nearly as well as our eyes or even film can.
Post a Comment
<< Home